Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Year in Vlogs

I'm a late bloomer. It wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered my love for reading, and only last year did I realize this love transcended to writing. If I could go back in time, I would change this little fact about me.

For a couple of years, I had a story idea bouncing around in my head. Of course, not being a writer, I dismissed the thought. But the thought had a mind of it's own and it frequently began to visit me. Ironically, during this haunting time, I had been following an author, Kaleb Nation, on Twitter and YouTube. Watching his journey was inspiring.

My journey started one evening last spring, I found myself at the computer and I began typing the first chapter of my first novel. I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't know the rules, I was just capturing the movie that played in my head. Five weeks later, the novel was completed. Little did I know what work lie ahead as I immersed myself into the wonderful world of writing.

Online chats with other writers, following agent chats on Twitter, WriteOnCon, critique partners, conferences, books on writing... anything I could watch, participate in or get my hands on, I was there. I have learned so much this past year, and I can safely say my writing has improved. I'm far from the writer I was when I started this journey and I have so much more to learn.

I thought I would include in my first post a compilation of vlogs I did over the past year. They capture a bit about my writing journey since the beginning and give a little insight to who I am.





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You should do Blog Every Day in April with me this year. It's super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy-Thanks so much! :)

    @Allison-As much fun as that sounds, I already know there is no way I could keep up. I will work up to such a goal and let you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete